Gingival recession, also known as receding gums, is the exposure of the roots of the teeth by a loss of gum tissue and retraction of the gingival margin from the crown of the teeth.
Gum recession is a common problem in adults over the age of 40, but it may also occur starting from the age of a teenager, or around the age of 10.
This is a perfect time for bacteria to grow because the gum around the teeth corrodes and it looks like your gums recede backward, and then your teeth are more visible. Because the root of the tooth will be exposed it can lead to extreme pain and sensitivity of the tooth.
You can lose your tooth because it can have a negative influence on the structure and bone of tooth.
This process is slow and it happens gradually, it is really hard to notice this problem. If your teeth have become very sensitive, and if you noticed that the size of your teeth has changed (that they are larger than before), then you may have these problems because those are the first two indicators.
What causes receding gums?
Gum disease can be caused by other reasons:
1. If you don’t brush your teeth at least once daily, it can lead to calculus which is a hard substance which can lead to gum recession.
2. The opposite of brushing your teeth is aggressive brushing. The enamel on your teeth will be destroyed if you brush your teeth very aggressively which can lead to receding gums.
3. Sometimes it is because of genes. This is a helpless situation.
4. Another thing that can lead to receding gums, especially among women is hormone imbalance.
5. If you are a smoker, then this is another good reason to quit smoking. Not only that smoking causes lung diseases and cancer, it causes receding gums. What leads to receding gums, is that tobacco can get a sticky plaque on teeth.
6. Periodontal diseases(bacterial infection in the gums) cause damage to the supporting bone of the tooth.
7. What puts pressure on teeth and what can cause receding gums is clenching and grinding your teeth, and also using force to take bits while you eat.
8. The weirdest reason is piercing your lips or tongue.
How to treat receding gums
Your doctor can treat receding gums if you notice the problem on time. The doctor will remove the calculus or the plague from your teeth and the surface underneath the gum line. If you don’t notice this problem on time, then you will need to do a surgery on your gums. Regeneration of the lost tissue and bone of gums and teeth, depth reduction, or soft tissue graft may be one of the surgeries you will need to do. There are homemade remedies, and if you consume them you can avoid surgeries. But always ask your doctor if you have gums infection because you never know what kind of damage the infection has done to your gums and teeth. If the problem is not so serious, use some of these homemade remedies, and with proper oral hygiene, you will solve this problem.
How can they grow back?
Gingiva is part of the soft tissue lining of the mouth. They surround the teeth and provide a seal around them. Compared with the soft tissue linings of the lips and cheeks, most of the gingivae are tightly bound to the underlying bone which helps resist the friction of food passing over them. Good oral hygiene with combination with many recipes such as oil can grow your receding gums again.
Homemade recipes for growing back receding gums
Only simple ingredients such as herbs and spices are needed to make this homemade remedies.
A lot of health benefits can be found in green tea because it is full of antioxidants that fight the free radicals that can cause periodontal disease, which is leading to receding gums. It will strengthen the connection between the gums and teeth, and it will lower the swelling of the gums that cause oral diseases. Every morning when you wake up, drink 1 cup of green tea, and you will see the results.
Another gum problem-solver is aloe vera. The health benefits that aloe vera has are mostly connected with skin problems because it has many anti-inflammatory abilities and repair capabilities. So now you are wondering how it will help you with receding gums? It will fight against inflammation and will turn on the cells which are very important for repairing of the tissues, and you won’t have another infection because it has an antibacterial ability.