Wondering how to make your calves smaller and leaner? These five best calf- slimming exercises will shape and tone your calves so you could always wear your favourite shorts and skirts with pride!Do one set of each exercise back to back with little to no rest in between moves. After the last exercise, rest one to two minutes, and repeat the full circuit 1 more time. Don’t forget to stretch when you are done with the whole calves workout.
Do one set of each exercise back to back with little to no rest in between moves. After the last exercise, rest one to two minutes, and repeat the full circuit 1 more time. Don’t forget to stretch when you are done with the whole calves workout.
1. Standing Calf Raise and Pulse
- Start off standing up straight with your hips width apart.
- Hold your core tight to keep balance.
- Slowly raise up on the balls of your feet so that your heels are lifted off of the ground and do ten pulses at the top.
- Return back to the starting position and repeat for 10 raises and then stretch.
2. Seated Calf Raise
To do Seated Calf Raises you can also use a machine at the gym.
- Start off sitting at a coach or chair, putting your feet on the floor. Put some light weight on top of your knees.
- Slowly raise your toes up as high as possible, feeling a stretch in your calf muscles.
- Once you reach the top position, hold for a count then return back to the start.
- Repeat for 10 times and then stretch.
3. Side to Side Jumps
Get your heart rate up with this great whole body exercise.
- Stand straight and make small jumps side to side as if you are jumping over an invisible line.
- Keep your legs as close together as possible, and swing your arms to help you jump.
- Repeat for 1 minute.
4. Skater Jump
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Hop to right, landing on right foot while sweeping left foot diagonally behind right leg and swinging left arm across body and right arm behind back.
- Jump to left, switching legs and arms to complete 1 rep.
- Repeat for 1 minute.
5. Sumo Squat with Calf Raise
- Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, hands on your hips.
- Bend your knees over your toes and lower your body into a squat. Hold this position and lift your heels up (without raising your hips) and then press them back down.
- Return back to the start. Do 10 reps.
- Shake legs and stretch.
Calf Stretching Exercises
- Stand about three feet from a a wall and put your right foot behind you ensuring your toes are facing forward.
- Keep your heel on the ground and lean forward with your right knee straight. Feel the stretch.
- Hold this for 30 to 60 seconds.
Toe-up Calf Stretch
- Stand with one knee bent and the other leg straight out in front.
- Point your toes towards your body and lean forward.
- Keep your back straight and rest your hands on your bent knee.